Thursday, October 27, 2005

SONOFAPITCH

Pitches are an advertising agency's version of humans trying to marry into money.

I've been dragged into a briefing for one of 'em around the last week of September.

It's over now.

However, so is most of October.

Funny how an incessant string of late hours and working on weekends can make an entire month vanish faster than spit on a seashore.

In that period of time, I missed out on precious weekends, several nights worth of sleep, the launching of Askals (but still managed to get autographed copies! woo-hooo!) at Bahay Ng Alumni, lunch invites, coffe invites and (gasp!) beer invites.

For four weeks, I had gotten so used to the late night/early morning traffic, that, on my way home after the pitch presentation, I was genuinely amazed at how many commuters and shop lights and lit signages there were at around 7 in the evening.

And now, two days after the pitch presentation, I am back to working on pending projects from my real accounts, updating my poor blog (apologies to everyone who got tired of seeing my last entry, XX), and planning drinking sprees.

As for the pitch, well...

Maybe we'd win.

Maybe we won't.
We'll find out in a few weeks.

That's a pitch for you.

That's life.

And life goes on.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?