Sunday, August 08, 2004

SANGUINE

It rained last Friday night, but I'd like to think it added a nice touch to the general mood.

The lights were low, and Sinatra crooned as I uncorked a bottle of red wine, and poured a glass for someone special.

Me.

I've been saving that bottle since Christmas (thanks again, Jo) and that evening, I found a nice excuse to...ah...unsave it. It had been a rough week (shit...It's been a rough year, actually) and surviving it seems reason enough to celebrate.

It didn't matter if I wasn't in some fancy restaurant playing footsie with a date in a little black dress. It didn't matter if I was alone in my study, coloring a drawing on my pc between sips of wine and nibbles of cheese.

That night, as I pretended to conduct a classy big band from another time and place while in my shirt and boxers, my problems washed away with the rain.

And I was simply, completely glad to be alive.

Comments:
not as glad as i am that you're alive :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?