Saturday, July 24, 2004

WONDERFUL DAZE

Had the flu most of this week. Couldn't read or watch anything. Whenever I tried, the world swirled.

I was forced to stay in bed with nothing to do but stare at the ceiling (fortunately I had cleaned it recently) and listen to the rain...which by itself isn't really bad. If only it had been by choice and not by circumstance. And if only I didn't have to do it for days.

When I finally got better, I watched the Korean animated feature Wonderful Days for the second time.

I wanted to make up for the sensory deprivation I've recently gone through. And Wonderful Days had been the first on my mind precisely because of its stunning visuals and haunting musical scoring.

Know what?

I think it worked.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?