Sunday, August 29, 2004

STUMPED

A friend who's very much in love sent me a text message on the phone late last night. He was wondering if he was just fooling himself. As he poetically puts it: this love shit is a fucker.

Though this friend of mine has a great sense of humor and (at least, I hope) he wasn't serious about his message (it did end with a smiley), I had wanted to reply with something that would cheer him up.

But I couldn't find the words.

How can I tell him that everything will be alright? That, soon, she would realize how right he is for her? That love shall prevail?

How can I possibly tell him to keep the faith when I am weary of believing?

For a long time, I just sat in my study, the phone's cursor blinking and blinking and blinking on the blank reply page.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?