Friday, October 01, 2004

LIFE ON THE FAST LANE

Once in a while, what I'd presume to be an ordinary cab ride can turn out pretty interesting.

Like the one I had just a few minutes ago.

Now...I don't drive. But I do know what a NO LEFT TURN sign looks like. Apparently, the cab driver didn't. Or didn't care.

So we merilly headed left at a busy intersection where the NO LEFT TURN sign stood, right about the time the traffic light at the opposite lane turned green. Which meant that I was treated to the interesting sounds of screeching tires and blaring horns from cars that were, naturally, heading towards my side of the vehicle.

After a few more streets, the driver repeats this little stunt. This time we turned left at another NO LEFT TURN sign (perhaps he thought obeying signs like these was how one eventually became a rightist), and into a one-way street. It was amazing how the oncoming cars swerved out of our way.

And since I obviously lived to tell you folks about this tale, I think it's going to be a really great Friday.

Comments:
At least he's not like Derek Zoolander. (He can turn left!!! hehehe)

Hi, Vince!
 
Yeah. Heheh. Nice of you to drop by starshuffler. ^_^
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?