Tuesday, July 05, 2005

ONE FOR THE ROAD

A Saturday night spent wandering around Glorietta and Greenbelt soon left me thirsting for beer.

There had been changes in my plans for dinner and maybe drinks afterwards for that evening (translation: it didn’t push through). The other folks I would have liked to hang out with were with their respective boyfriends/girlfriends, or were busy with work, or, were, as in Is It Safe’s case, somewhere in China. And as I mentioned, the people who invited me to join them elsewhere somehow weren’t on the list of those I would have wanted to see for that night.

So I ended up having beer by myself in one of my old haunts along Pasay Road.

Having a drink by one’s self can be a very intense experience.

That night, the moment was all mine. My thoughts were all mine. The beef tapa I ordered for bar chow was all mine.

I’ve done it before.

And it’s very likely that I’ll do it again.

I just hope I don’t get too used to it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?