Tuesday, December 28, 2004

MEME TOO

As Is It Safe requested, I attempted to fill one of these up as well. Though please forgive my memory lapses - my brain seems to have shut down for the holidays and will probably resume normal operations late next week.

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Attend a company outing...and at a very posh resort at that.

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I've never bothered making one for the last few years. I'll figure out if I'll actually make one for '05 in the next few days.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. Oh wait. Yes. But since I forgot...maybe we're not that close anymore.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not really. But I still ended up attending two or three wakes this year.

5. What countries did you visit?
Marlboro country. When I ran out of Luckies.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Money and a honey. Though not in that particular order. I think.

7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 15 - My last day with my last job. I stood outside the office building where I spent most of my waking life (and, in my sleep, some nightmares) for the past years. I watched the sunset and wondered what the fuck would happen to me.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keeping the solemn vow I made to myself: I must resign before my birthday.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Ahhh. Who else?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the usual sniffle or fever brought about by erratic weather conditions. You know.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Mmmmm. My Lord of the Rings dvd sets. Watching them helped me take my mind off things during a very dark time.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
As with Is It Safe, every single member of my inner circle. Hey - after all, there's a reason why I hang out with you wonderful people. Cheers!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Somone you people don't know. You lucky bastards. Heheh.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Now that is something that has left me mystified since I started working.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A story I'm writing on the side.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
You know...nothing comes to mind as of the moment. Sorry.

17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
Sadder but wiser. At least...I hope I'm wiser.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing. Reading. Watching movies. Going out.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Ingesting instant noodles.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
In hiding.

22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Nope. My fall in 2003 was enough to last at least another year.

23. How many one-night stands?
One. Um...That's the little table beside the bed, right?

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Carnivàle.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not really. I did get to meet new people I hate this year though.

26. What was the best book you read?
Wee Free Men comes to mind at the moment.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
None. For some reason, 2004 had been devoid of music. Which is a nasty gague on how the year was for me.

28. What did you want and get?
A new job.

29. What did you want and not get?
Laid. Heh.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

31. What did you do on your birthday. And how old were you?
Nothing special. And, old enough to deserve doing something special.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A meaningful relationship. But then, I didn't even have an unmeaningful relationship.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Same as the previous year. With a couple of new shirts. Yeah. Just two.

34. What kept you sane?
Ragnarok. Beer. And over three hundred packs of cigs.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kylie Minogue and Liv Tyler. *nods*

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
*yawns* 'Scuse me...

37. Who did you miss?
The Old Guard. You know who you are.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Kitty - who's like my cigarette-smoking kid sister at work. Heheh.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004
Life's worth it.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for
- U2

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?