Wednesday, January 05, 2005

'04 NO MORE

2004 is dead and gone.

And I miss it about as much as I miss whatever I flushed down the toilet this morning.

For me (and I think for some of you as well), '04 had been a year that contained different kinds of deaths in various aspects of life. Be it on a global (well...regional), typhoon-battered, tsunami-drowned scale. Or on more personal levels.

Like work.

Finances.

Love.

Then.

Things seemed to change overnight.

It was like some prince found the sleeping fairy tale princess, woke her up with a kiss (and then some), and stripped away the...gloom-spell death shroud that hung over the kingdom. A kingdom where I seem to have been a subject of.

The first day of the new year, I was suddenly drawing again. And drawing for the pure pleasure of it. Then, it was an evening out for some beer in an almost deserted Ortigas - a pleasant and most welcome contrast to the madness of the holiday rush.

Yup.

2005 seems to be off to a good start.

For this entry, I'll leave you with something a friend sent me last January 1. I think it's pretty much in the spirit of this blog:

To kinder gods and fiercer loves.
To brief jealousies and even shorter griefs.
To wine.
To tea.
To sunsets and coffee.
To family, friends and country.


And from me: May 2004 be your worst year ever.

Happy new year, everyone.

Comments:
Wow, patingin ng drawing. :-)
Happy new year, Mr. Duskwatcher.

-j.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?